Cleveland Indians hosted the 13th annual High School Hardball Classic Friday
The 13th annual Cleveland Indians Charities (CIC) High School Hardball Classic, presented by Novacare Rehabilitation, was played at Progressive Field tonight.
We hosted local high schools at Progressive Field for the annual Hardball Classic Friday — giving high school players the chance to duke it out on a big league field.
Kenston vs Elyria Catholic
• Final: Kenston 1, Elyria Catholic 8
St. Ignatius vs Brecksville/Broadview Heights
• Final: St. Ignatius 4, Brecksville/Broadview Heights 5
• St. Ignatius pitcher Michael Rogers #27 pitched right handed in the 5th inning and pitched left handed in the 7th inning
• Bottom of the 7th bases loaded walk off walk win for Brecksville/Broadview Heights
St. Edward vs. Olmsted Falls
• Final: St. Edward 0, Olmsted Falls 2
• Olmsted Falls broke the 0-0 tie in the bottom of the 6th scoring 2 runs on a throwing error from the St. Edward’s pitcher
Established in 1989, Cleveland Indians Charities is a self-sustaining charitable organization built on community values. CIC focuses on developing creative and meaningful partnerships with select organizations in the community. Through fundraising, CIC provides the opportunity to jointly prepare youth for success, improve the quality of youth baseball and softball, and create a sustainable plan for youth baseball and softball. Various CIC programs help young people learn to play the game of baseball, develop necessary life skills and develop confidence to face today’s hurdles.
Through the years, CIC has raised money at a variety of fundraising events and is aided by the generosity of donors including Cleveland Indians players, coaches, fans, Front Office personnel and corporate partners. Since 1989, CIC has donated more than $10 million to youth-oriented agencies and organizations of Northeast Ohio.