Photo Gallery: Yan Gomes hits a Grand Slam as Cleveland Indians beat Los Angeles Angels
–Photos by Dan Mendlik and Sarah Sachs
The Indians won their fourth straight, seventh of nine overall and nine of their last 11 at home with an 8-3 victory over the Angels on Saturday night.
Cleveland scored five in the eighth before former Indians reliever Joe Smith recorded an out:
- Francisco Lindor singled
- Michael Brantley singled
- Carlos Santana doubled home Lindor
- Lonnie Chisenhall was intentionally walked
- Yan Gomes hit his first career Grand Slam
The Indians tied the game on a Gomes sac fly in the second, and took a 3-1 lead in the third – after the rain delay – on Chisenhall’s two-run single. The Angels, though, re-tied it in the fourth before the Tribe’s eighth-inning rally.
- Chisenhall extended his hit streak 10 games, in which he’s hitting .483 (14-29)
- Since his callup on July 30, Chisenhall is hitting .408 (29-71)
- Lindor extended his hit streak to eight games, in which he’s hitting .516 (16-31)
- In August, Lindor is hitting .386 (39-101)