PHOTO GALLERY: Kluber stellar again in Tribe win
Notes from today’s Tribe victory:
- Corey Kluber improves to 8-6 with a 2.86 ERA overall and a 4-2 record and a 2.74 ERA (20 ER/65.2 IP) at Progressive Field this season
- Retired the first 7 batters he faced and limited the Royals to just 4 hits overall, 2 of which were infield hits (W, 8.1 IP, 4 H, 1 R-ER, 1 BB, 10 SO, 1 HR, 109 pitches/75 strikes).
- In 2 starts vs. Kansas City at home this season, Kluber has gone 2-0 with 21 strikeouts and just one walk through 17.1 innings.
- His last victory vs. the Royals on April 24 at Progressive Field was his first career complete game, in which he recorded 11 strikeouts.
- In 8 career starts vs. Kansas City, Kluber has gone 4-1 with a 3.31 ERA (19 ER/51.1 IP) and 49 strikeouts against just 12 walks.
- Marks the third start this season that Kluber has recorded at least 10 strikeouts and yielded one or fewer walks, becoming the eighth such Indians player in club history to accomplish the feat since 1914.
- Other Indians to do so include Dennis Eckersley with 4 (1976), and Ubaldo Jimenez (2013), Scott Kazmir (2013), C.C. Sabathia (2006), Bert Blyleven (1985), Sunny Siebert (1965) and Bob Feller (1946) with 3 each.
–Photos by David Cleveland/Dan Mendlik