Stuff the Bus with books on Saturday to help local kids achieve academic success!
Join us for United Way of Greater Cleveland’s Day of Action and help “Stuff the Bus with Books” before the Cleveland Indians take on the Detroit Tigers at Progressive Field on Saturday, June 21, at 7:05 p.m. The Cleveland Indians, RTA, Cuyahoga Community College, Cuyahoga County Public Library, Cleveland Public Library, Euclid Public Library, Heights Libraries, Lakewood Public Library, Rocky River Public Library, Shaker Heights Public Library and Westlake Porter Public Library are partnering with United Way to collect children’s and young adult books to distribute free to children in our community! It’s crucial to get books into the hands of children during the summer months to encourage reading and academic success!
Bring a new or gently used book (or two) and help stuff the bus at Rally Alley (located on Eagle Avenue and Gateway Plaza) prior to the game. The libraries will then distribute the books to kids free all summer long. Your book donation will help our kids learn to love reading as well as introduce them to the vast resources available at their local libraries.
- WHO: United Way of Greater Cleveland, Cleveland Indians, RTA, Cuyahoga Community College, Cuyahoga County Public Library, Cleveland Public Library, Euclid Public Library, Heights Libraries, Lakewood Public Library, Rocky River Public Library, Shaker Heights Public Library and Westlake Porter Public Library
- WHAT: “Stuff the Bus with Books”
- WHEN: Saturday, June 21, from 5 – 8 pm
- WHERE: Rally Alley (Gateway Plaza) and all entrance gates
- WHY: To keep our kids reading all summer long
So buy a ticket to the game and bring a book to support the Cleveland Indians and our kids in Cuyahoga County!
If you aren’t attending the game, you can still help! Rally Alley is open to the public and books can be dropped off at any time between 5 and 8 p.m. If you forget your book, we are also accepting cash donations to purchase new books.
Not able to participate on Saturday? No problem! We welcome any organizations who want to be collection points during the week leading up to “Stuff the Bus with Books.” If your organization is interested in serving as a collection point, please let us know. Or please drop your books at one of the following collection sites:
- Cleveland Public Library (Memorial-Nottingham, Rice, West Park, Main and Public Administrative branches)
- Cuini & Panichi – Beachwood
- Euclid Public Library
- Halex – Euclid Heights
- Heights Libraries
- Kennemetal – Cleveland
- Lakewood Public Library (Detroit & Madison Avenue)
- Loganberry Books – Shaker Heights
- NuLife Fitness Camp (Cleveland and North Randall locations)
- Rocky River Public Library
- Shaker Heights Public Library
- Silverman’s Hardware (East Cleveland)
- Westlake Porter Library