Homestand Notes: What fans need to know for series with LAA, DET
The Indians return to Progressive Field for a seven-game homestand, which features a four-game series with the Los Angeles Angels (June 16-19) and a three-game series with the Detroit Tigers (June 20-22).
- Hall of Fame inductions: Saturday, June 21
- Omar Vizquel replica jersey courtesy of Medical Mutual: Saturday, June 21
- Rally Alley presented by RTA: Saturday, June 21
- Fireworks (Tribute to Led Zeppelin) presented by RTA: Saturday, June 21
- Crafting at the Ballpark presented by Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores: Sunday, June 22
- KeyBank Kids Fun Day: Sunday, June 22
- Kids Run the Bases, presented by Cleveland Clinic Children’s: Sunday, June 22
ENHANCED SECURITY MEASURES EXPANDED TO GATE C
The Indians have installed unobtrusive, walk-through metal detectors at Progressive Field’s Gate C in accordance with an MLB security initiative. Fans must remove phones and large metal objects from pockets.
With Gate C more heavily utilized, the Indians encourage fans to allow a few more minutes for entry into the ballpark, especially with large crowds anticipated this weekend with Detroit in town.
TRIBE PARK AND RIDE, PRESENTED BY SPORTSTIME OHIO, IS BACK!
Fans can leave the transportation to the Indians and SportsTime Ohio on 8 dates from area suburbs with the return of Tribe Park and Ride for a second season!
This Saturday, Tribe Park and Ride buses will pick up fans in Mentor (Lakeland CC) and Strongsville (South Park Mall). Tickets are only $5! Full Tribe Park and Ride details, including dates and pickup locations, along with tickets, are available at Indians.com/ParkandRide.
SUNDAY, June 22 vs. Tigers @ 1:05PM
*ALL GATES: OPEN at 11:30AM (Gate C/East Pedestrian Bridge at 11:00AM)
Broadcast Information: SportsTime Ohio-HD, WTAM/WMMS/IRN
Crafting at the Ballpark, presented by Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores:All kids attending the game vs. Detroit can participate in crafting activities on Gateway Plaza before the game.
KeyBank Kids Fun Day:Each remaining Sunday home game (except for Sept. 29) will feature KeyBank Kids Fun Days. Activities include:
- A new SportsTime Ohio show hosted by Katie Witham and featuring Indians players – show begins around 11:45AM
- Jungle Terry
- Kids Clubhouse, featuring the Rookie Suite presented by University Hospitals and Slugger’s Sandlot presented by KeyBank
- And more!
Kids Run the Bases Presented by Cleveland Clinic Children’s:Young Tribe fans will have the opportunity to run around the bases like their favorite players. All kids (12 & Under) can stay immediately after the game to take part, and will receive a giveaway item from Cleveland Clinic Children’s when they’re finished. (All participants will receive a mesh Frisbee, courtesy of Cleveland Clinic Children’s.)
50/50 Raffle:The Indians have introduced an all-new 50/50 Raffle at Progressive Field for Friday, Saturday and Sunday home games in 2014. The raffle will support Cleveland Indians Charities in its mission to provide baseball and softball opportunities to the underprivileged youth of Cleveland. To participate, fans can simply visit a 50/50 Raffle kiosk at a Friday, Saturday or Sunday home game. The winner will be announced at the ballpark, and fans can check back here to confirm daily winners. The Opening Day winner took home over $6,500!