Tuesday recap: Photos, plus 6 things you need to know from win over BoSox
SIX THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FROM VICTORY:
- The Indians jumped out to an early 3-0 lead and rallied for a pair of runs in the 7th to cap a 5-3 victory and seal their season-high 5th straight victory…Tribe’s last winning streak longer than 4 games occurred when the club finished the 2013 regular season with 10 consecutive victories.
- Over the course of the win streak (all on current homestand), Cleveland’s starting rotation has posted a 2.27 ERA (8 ER/31.2 IP), picking up 2 of the 5 victories, while the bullpen has combined to go 3-0 with 15 strikeouts against just 3 walks.
- Cleveland continues to build upon the best home record in the American League, as the Tribe has now gone 20-11 (.645), winning 8 straight and 10 of the club’s last 13 games overall here at Progressive Field…entering today’s game, Cleveland’s 19-11 home record also stood as the 5th-best in the Majors…the Tribe’s 8 game home win streak is the longest since reeling off 11 straight from July 11-August 1, 2013.
- Pitched a perfect 9th inning for his 5th save of the season – has earned the save in each of his last 4 appearances……seven of his last eight outings have been scoreless (8.2 IP, 4-for-28 [.143]) to lower his season ERA from 3.71 to 2.81.
- Chisenhall is batting just above .360 (.361, 35-97) with 9 doubles, 3 homers, 17 RBI and 16 runs scored over his last 29 games.
- Unlocked a 3-3 tied with a game-winning 2-run double of Boston lefty Andrew Miller in the bottom of the 7th…Bourn finished 2-4 with a run scored and has now hit safely in 7-straight games (tied w/Murphy for longest active streak)…Bourn had a 9-game hit snapped on May 26 at Chicago-AL, but has hit safely in 16 of his last 17 games dating back to May 17 (26-71, .366, 2 HR, 2 3B, 4 2B, 7 RBI and 13 RS).
–Photos by Dan Mendlik/David Cleveland