Progressive Field ballpark tours begin May 1
Ever wonder what’s going on behind the scenes of the ballpark? Where Tribe beat writers churn out their stories? Where Tito manages the guys while chowing through Double Bubble? Now you can see all of the magic at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario with a tour of the beautiful park! Find more information about the tours here and check out the frequently asked questions below.
2014 Progressive Field Ballpark Tour FAQ
1. When are public tours offered?
- May: Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
- June-Sept. 6: Monday-Saturday, 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m.
2. Any exceptions to the above schedule?
- A home day game with a start time earlier than 6:05 p.m. and holidays (Memorial Day and July 4).
- During the month of May there will be no tours on Mondays.
- There will be no tours from July 14-28 due to setup and teardown of the Jason Aldean concert.
3. How many people can be in a tour?
- Group Tours are set up for 40 people. A group tour can reasonably accommodate up to 50 people per tour. More than 50 people and it becomes more difficult to hear.
4. What if the group exceeds 50 people?
- If a group exceeds 50 people (ex: 80 people) we can have two tours of 40 going on simultaneously…we would divide them up and work the route front to back and back to front.
5. How much are tours?
- $8 for adults
- $6 for seniors or kids (14 and under)
- School Groups – $4.50 per person
- All Other Groups – $6 per person
6. Where do I get public tour tickets?
- Tours are available for public sale two weeks prior to the date. To get tickets either visit the Progressive Field Team Shop in person, or visit Indians.com. If tickets are purchased on Indians.com there will be a Ticketmaster fee. You can find the link under Community once tours start up.
7. What must I do to book a group tour (40+ ppl)?
- Persons interested in booking a group tour can call us at 216-420-HITS. To secure a date and time, tour tickets must be paid in full. Otherwise the tickets cannot be printed and sent and the date cannot be held. We can’t hold tour dates/times without payment.
8. What are the stops on the tour?
- Press Box, Home Dugout, Visitor’s Bullpen, Batting Cages, Club Lounge, FanCave, Party Suite, and Visitor’s Clubhouse (certain dates apply). Route is subject to change.
9. How long is the tour?
- Roughly one hour.
10. Is the tour wheel chair accessible?
11. Where do I go for the tour?
- Tours begin at the Indians Team Shop, located off Ontario St. Advise groups to arrive 10 min before their scheduled tour.
12. Are chaperones included or must they buy their own tickets?
- Tour tickets are priced per ticket and each person must have his or her own ticket because all proceeds of tours benefit Cleveland Indians Charities.
13. What if it rains?
- Tours take place rain or shine.